PO Box 31879, Phoenix, Arizona 85046-1879
FORTUNE 500 COMPANY, PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Communications Specialist Januray 2005 - Present
- Manage several global projects, leading the design, construction
and planning of a global database and an employee email distribution
system for use by 17,000 employees. Provide ongoing one on one
support as well as group training to several hundred employees
charged with maintaining the systems globally.
- Responsible for research and development of internal Lotus
Notes/intranet/internet data storage solutions for Global Business
Unit. Ensuring compliance with company security and privacy regulations.
- Write clear and concise communications plans for multiple
- Write training decks, memos for employees, invitations to
client events and articles for employee e-weekly newsletter.
Also, compiled articles submitted by subject matter experts throughout
the business, editing for clarity of message.
- Responsible for final proof and distribution of more than
50 percent of global and regional employee communications.
- Manage group e-mail box, answer and redirect queries as necessary.
- Counsel business partners on overall communications strategy
and provide guidance on communication style, format and content.
- Provide ad hoc technical support to team.
Communications and Systems Coordinator July 2002 - January
- Edited and published two hard copy newsletters. Managed internal
relationships and external vendors to deliver on time and under
budget to 6,000 employees.
- Created, launched and implemented Usage and Style Guide for
Business Unit. Designed, implemented and managed new distribution
system for internal e-mail.
- Completed complex re-design of distribution system brought
on by a major business acquisition and integration.
- Created highly effective Lotus Notes database. Designed new
fields, layouts, views resulting in superior user experience.
Implemented new methodology for processing database submissions
resulting in reduced turnaround time from hours to minutes.
- Managed external vendor relationship resulting in the delivery
of a new, lower cost, customer communications distribution system
compliant with privacy policies. Evolved the system from a manual
offline system to an efficient online process.
- Delivered timely and accurate employee and client bulk e-mail
communications. Monitored industry Web sites on a daily basis
to compile and edit appropriate daily headlines for client Internet
- Improved efficiency of employee recognition nomination process.
Edited and wrote majority of award winner bios.
- Managed several group mailboxes, answering client and employee
questions or redirecting queries as necessary.
- Earned Internal Business Award (2003) - This award honors
the top 10 percent of high performers for their efforts reaching
ADVANTAGE SALES & MARKETING, PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Account Administrator August 2001 July 2002
- Provided superior customer service while meeting prescribed
service level agreements. Supported three account managers, several
clients and up to 28 manufacturers.
- Entered, invoiced and reconciled orders accurately. Investigated
and processed claims and deductions in an efficient manner.
- Developed and maintained promotional materials in Excel.
Kept sample inventories and database systems on PC platform.
TMP WORLDWIDE at ON SEMICONDUCTOR, PHOENIX, ARIZONA (Contractor)
Web site and Database Administrator August 2000 - January
- Created new pages and maintained global procurement intranet
- Maintained Macintosh servers hosting online databases; validated
and repaired errors in code.
- Updated database scripts, layouts and generated weekly reports.
- Trained global users on Web and database systems. Revised
- Provided IT support for PC users on Microsoft Office and
SOUTHWEST DIVER MAGAZINE, PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Web site and Graphic Design Intern March - May 2000
- Built Web site and performed maintenance updates on several
- Edited articles and placed in magazine.
- Sold advertising space; designed and built ads for magazine
and Web site.
- Responsible for customer database management and updates.
- Created hand drawn graphics for use in magazine.
- Prepared publication for mailing through United States Post
Office bulk mail.
FOX ANIMATION STUDIOS, PHOENIX, ARIZONA 1994 - 2000
SULLIVAN BLUTH/DON BLUTH STUDIOS, DUBLIN, IRELAND 1985
SOFTWARE (PC and Mac)
Microsoft: Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Adobe: Acrobat, GoLive, PageMaker, PageMill, Photoshop
Visual Studio InterDev FTP, Fetch
Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, Netscape Communicator
Intranet Content Management Tools
The Thief and the Cobbler
All Dogs go to Heaven
When the Wind Blows
Bartok the Magnificent
The Pebble and the Penguin
A Troll in Central Park
The Land Before Time
An American Tail
ExecuTrain: Phoenix, Arizona
Paradise Valley Community College: Phoenix, Arizona
- Life Drawing I
- MS Access, Level I and II
- CGI Programming for the Web (Perl Script)
- Java Programming for the Web (Java Applets)
- HTML Web site Design
- Internet I
- Apple Macintosh, Claris Works I, II, III
- Watercolor Painting Level I
Irish Times Training: Dublin, Ireland
International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
Communications Executive Council (CEC)